Free Image Editor, Icon Editor and Paint Program
What's new in HeliosPaint version 1.6?
- Batch Image Resizer.
- Highlighter pen.
- New image filters: Edge Wrap, Dissolve, Block Blur.
Tools and features in HeliosPaint:
- Pencil for editing pixels.
- Curved, straight and freehand lines with choice of width, dash pattern, line joint and arrow heads.
- Paint Brush with adjustable size and edge feathering.
- Eraser with adjustable size and edge feathering.
- Spray Can with adjustable size and edge feathering or global spray option.
- Highlighter pen with adjustable size and edge feathering.
- Airbrush for copying one area of an image to another for retouching, healing and blending.
- Paint Can with local and global replace. Colour bleed sensitivity allows nearby similar colours to be painted.
- Shape tool for creating freehand, regular polygon, star, moon and heart shapes.
- Text entry with choice of font, style, underline and rotation.
- Image filters: RGB levels, HSB levels, HSL levels, gamma, transparency, channel mix, temperature and tint, contrast, gain and bias, threshold, black and white, invert, solarize, gray, colour filter, sepia tone, sharpen, unsharp mask, blur, block blur (pixelate), diffuse, dissolve, edge feathering, edge detection, oil painting effect, posterise, emboss, chrome, noise reduce, edge wrap.
- Image colour and transparency adjustment by flat, round, rectangular and 'fit to shape' gradient patterns. This allows areas of the image to be darkened, brightened and colour enhanced.
- Image flip, scale up, scale down, rotate, shear, perspective view.
- Batch image resize.
- Full colour pallet with adjustable transparency and colour grabber.
- Fully opaque, part transparent or fully transparent background colours.
- Full texture paint support with adjustable transparency. Texture paint images can be created, loaded and saved to disk or simply drag and dropped into HeliosPaint from the Internet.
- Zoom in / out with optional zoom grid. High level zoom for easy icon / transparent icon editing.
- Text and image paste from clipboard. Image and image segment copy/cut onto clipboard.
- Scissors, lasso and wand for selecting and moving an area of the image. Sensitivity of lasso and wand is adjustable. Transparency of overlaid area is adjustable. Scissors can cut out various shapes including regular polygons, stars and hearts. When part of the image is selected, all paint operations apply only to that area.
- Selected area pixel count.
- Load, edit and save transparent png and transparent gif files.
- Undo and redo.
- Printing with auto fit to page.
- Export image to PDF file.
- Simple and easy to use help file.
- Reads and writes image file formats: bmp, gif, jpg/jpeg, pct/pict, pcx, pgm, png, ppm, psd, ras, tga, tif/tiff, wbmp, xpm.
- Supports images up to 14 megapixels in size (depends on computer memory - a high end computer is recommended for working with very large images).
HeliosPaint version 1.6 and below are freeware.
If the program is redistributed it must be done without charge.
It comes "as is" with absolutely no warranty of any kind.